Working with a team to create powerful and humane digital tools that help people to live, learn, and play.
9/10 – current Academic ADL Co-Lab . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Madison, WI
Associate Director of Research
- Lead applied research and design initiatives in the area of digital media and learning.
- Disseminate findings from AADLC work through presentation and publication in both academic and professional venues.
- Pursue funding opportunties for ongoing research and development work.
- Provide support for other departments in the University of Wisconsin-Extension division of Continuing Education Outreach and eLearning.
- Consult and advise colleagues on digital media and learning developments at partner institutions both within the University of Wisconsin-System and outside of it.
9/06 – 8/10 Wisconsin Center for Education Research . Madison, WI
Research Assistant under Professor Richard Halverson
- Worked as a designer and subject matter expert on school leadership games and digital media projects.
- Presented research findings on games, learning, and leadership at various academic conferences.
- Authored and co-authored articles and conference papers.
- Assisted in the design and administration of instruction in the Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis.
6/07 – 6/09 Academic ADL Co-Lab . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Madison, WI
Research Assistant – Florida Virtual School researcher and instructional designer
- Worked as an instructional designer and project liaison in the development of a prototype next generation online course for Algebra readiness.
- Provided consultation as a games and learning expert through remote design and development support, contributions to white papers and monthly reports, and face-to-face presentations.
1/00 – 6/06 Various school districts . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oakland, CA, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA
Short term and long term substitute teacher/Regional suspension center director
- Held various teaching positions including 2 semester long assignments in Oakland Unified high schools and 2 year long positions as a prep. teacher at the Arts/Farwest magnet in Oakland, CA.
- Directed the District 9 regional suspension center in New York during the 2004-2005 school year.
2006-2010 University of Wisconsin-Madison . . . . . . . . Madison, WI
• PhD in Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis
• Dissertation Topic - Leadership at play: How leadership in digital games can inform the future of instructional leadership. Filed September 1, 2010.
2003-2005 Teachers College, Columbia . . . . . . . . . . . . New York, NY
• MA in Educational Administration/Education Leadership
• Conflict Resolution Certification from International Center for Co-operation and Conflict Resolution (ICCCR) Teachers College, Columbia University.
1994–1999 University of California in San Diego. . . . . . La Jolla, CA
• BA in Visual Art, Studio (Minor in Music Performance)
• Graduated cum laude and with Departmental Honors